Why I hate Time Warner Cable

The speedtest below is on a wireless connection at peak time, if I were on a hardwired connection speed would have been over 50mb download, let me also say that this is on a Docsis 3 modem. Speeds will vary in areas where there are too many people using the service, It is not a time warner issue, any carrier that has too many people using the service at one time is bound to have problems, what needs to be done is split the node so they get the correct number of people per node until the speeds normalize. the problem is that it is expensive and time consuming, but eventually it will need to be done. In regard to distance from the Headend, that has nothing to do with speeds on cable, Now if you are talking about DSL then yes distance makes a huge difference.

braindead5400 said:
My internet with Time Warner here in Wisconsin is always great, it's the cable service (especially when it comes to HD and cable cards) that I have a huge issue with.

Those are my exact thoughts. I have always had good luck with Roadrunner. However, almost all my problems with Time Warner lie with their cable TV service.

About a year ago I moved out of Time Warner's service area into Charter's. If you think Time Warner is bad... Charter is way worst. Everytime I speed tested my Roadrunner connection, it was always within 1mbps of the advertised speed. However, Charter can't even manage to do that, when it even works. I had Charter for about a month before switching to 1.5mbps DSL. Granted I miss the speed of cable internet but I also like my internet connection to work when I want to use it.

My speeds are all over the board from 12mbps to 30mbps now. My friend who has TWC gets speeds up to 40mbps on the download but can never complete a speedtest without a error (the download finishes but upload wont).

I want FIOS to come here. Like someone else said, in WI you dont really have a choice.

My uptime is great and I have had TWC for over 10 years now, no major issues, using the same modem, and my uptime is great. It's just the price, is starting to become too much just for internet. Give us a better upload speed and I won't complain as much about the price.

Yeah I will agree with you there. Time Warner's prices are getting a little out of hand. But then again it seems like all cable operators have similar pricing. Pretty much the same story as what is happening in the wireless industry.

Mine's pretty decent:

792341543.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Extraordinary said:
My speeds are all over the board from 12mbps to 30mbps now. My friend who has TWC gets speeds up to 40mbps on the download but can never complete a speedtest without a error (the download finishes but upload wont).

I want FIOS to come here. Like someone else said, in WI you dont really have a choice.

My uptime is great and I have had TWC for over 10 years now, no major issues, using the same modem, and my uptime is great. It's just the price, is starting to become too much just for internet. Give us a better upload speed and I won't complain as much about the price.

If you don't have FiOS now, don't count on it coming, at least not soon. Last I heard, they stopped rolling it out probably because they need to make some of their money back.

I have TWC (tv /net) and run two Magicjack on two puters perfectly ...

:clapping:

nitrous9200 said:
If you don't have FiOS now, don't count on it coming, at least not soon. Last I heard, they stopped rolling it out probably because they need to make some of their money back.
They are rolling it out now in Hemet, Ca ...

I look for a price war ... :2thumbs:

nitrous9200 said:

Verizon has been knocking on my area's door's for years now, but someone (TWC) is paying someone off to keep them out. 30 miles down the road you can get FIOS, but not here. I am not sure if they just gave up...

If not FIOS, then Google!

Oh How I wish I had upload speeds over ~300kbps

Anyways...u-verse is being rolled out here! Can't wait..we finally have another option other than twc crippled, useless, and ultra slow speed network.

To all of you who are happy with TWC, consider yourself lucky :)

^ Well I am not 'happy'.. I am more or less... content?

U-Verse is slow and expensive as well. The only thing they have going for them are their upload speeds because TWC feels the need to keep us in the stone age here at .5mbps.

Yes upload speeds suck regardless...

Actually on Monday, there was a city wide outage for almost the entire day.

my speed

Its 11:50 pm and this is what i typically get all day
820237583.png

This is a server in california compared to the Charlotte one.

upload sucks, but im only paying for 6 Mbps down and i get over 10 all day

I looked into Northstate communications and liked the idea of their 10 up/10down, 20/20, or 30/30 plans and they are like the same price, but they don't offer it in my city.

Back